What Is The Difference Between A Conservatory And A Garden Room
What is the difference between a garden room conservatory and an orangery.
What is the difference between a conservatory and a garden room. The conservatory s decline in popularity in recent years has led to a huge rise in homeowners opting for contemporary timber framed garden rooms and orangeries. Unlike a conservatory a garden room will usually have a tiled roof covering as opposed to a glazed roofing system. It s typically a sturdier structure made of mainly brick with less windows compared to a conservatory which is made up of mainly glass.
This may feature eaves gables and turrets but will always be entirely glazed providing the maximum amount of light and heat into the room below. Generally speaking a garden room will be semi glazed with a tiled roof. The simplest differentiating factor is how the roof system is constructed.
Combining balanced design with flawless functionality a garden room or orangery extension is still the height of luxury and carries an air of sumptuous elegance. The short answer an orangery is in between a conservatory and a full blown single storey extension. But what makes more sense.
Most existing conservatories can be converted into a garden room or it can be constructed completely separate from the house as a free standing structure. Put simply a conservatory has a fully or majority glazed roof whereas an orangery tends to have a solid perimeter flat roof with natural light being provided by one or more roof lanterns. Should you choose a garden room or conservatory.
In contrast an orangery will be semi glazed but with a flat roof and a roof lantern which could be any size or shape and as a result often floods the room below with a more controlled level of. A garden room on the other hand is generally built with a traditional solid roof. You need more living space and the obvious way to achieve it is to build into the garden.
Main differences between conservatories and garden rooms having a garden room fitted onto your home is the perfect alternative to moving house and can add value to the way you live as well as the price of your property. A garden room however will feature a tiled roof which usually matches that of the building it is adjoined to. And it makes a huge difference to my work life balance.
- How To Install Bamboo Flooring On Concrete Slab
- How To Get Dried Grape Juice Out Of Carpet
- How To Fix Drop Down Attic Stairs
- How To Make Flagstone Steps
- How To Cut A Circle In Wood Without A Jigsaw
- How To Display Magazines Fallout 76
- How To Install A Shower Channel Drain In A Concrete Slab
- How To Get Rust Off Metal
- How To Hang Cabinet Doors With Exposed Hinges
- How To Make Flagstone Shine
- How To Fix Dresser Drawers That Stick
- How To Make A Hole In Glass With Torch
- How To Decorate A Room With No Windows
- How To Make Plaster Molds Of Animal Tracks
- How To Make A Groove In Wood With Hand Tools
- How To Install Disappearing Attic Stairs
- How To Hide Nest Camera Wires
- How To Get Baby Shampoo Out Of Carpet
- How To Make Door Hanging With Clothes
- How To Keep My Mulch From Washing Away